Welcome from the Headteacher
To build better futures for our students and their families by working together to overcome barriers to social, emotional, mental health and academic development. We will deliver an outstanding, inclusive, personalised curriculum bespoke to the ‘learners developing needs’ enabling them to develop individual social skill for independent living.
A welcome from the Headteacher
At Grafham Grange, we will continue to meet each new challenge given to us and constantly raise the bar in trying to achieve more. It is important that we do not lose our focus on raising academic outcomes for every pupil.
We should never use a young person’s complex needs as an excuse for underachievement. We must insist on the highest possible of standards from ourselves – our pupils deserve this from us.
We aim to encourage a desire for learning and thereby make every day a rewarding experience for pupils and staff.
We want all our pupils to maximise their potential:
• through the provision of a personalised and innovative education.
• through positive encouragement and high expectation.
• by developing self-esteem and fostering self-confidence.
• by providing a happy and safe environment in which our students may work confidently.
• by ensuring outstanding progression through the setting of aspirational but appropriate goals.
• by preparing our young people for future education and a fulfilling life.
We want all our staff to:
• continue raising standards of teaching, learning and caring in pursuit of excellence
• develop professionally to ensure that we embrace technology and therefore remain at the cutting edge of 21st Century education.
• feel valued and supported by all fellow colleagues.
• enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
We want all parents and carers to:
• feel welcomed in school by adhering to our core values and beliefs.
• work in partnership with all school staff to ensure students have consistently positive messages.
• be well informed by clear communications.
Mr N Sykes - Headtecher