Worries & Concerns

Safeguarding Team

At Grafham Grange School, the health, safety and well-being of every child is our paramount concern. We listen to our students and take seriously what they tell us. Our aim is that children will enjoy their time as students in our school. We strive to work in partnership with our parents and carers to help the students in our care to achieve their full potential and make a positive contribution.

Mr Steve Mitchell, Head of Care is the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Grafham Grange School and Mr Neil Sykes (Headteacher), Ms Sandra Jackson (School Nurse) and Mr Kay Longbottom (PALS Manager) are also part of the Safeguarding Team.

For any safeguarding concerns the team can be contacted via the school office or by sending a confidential email to safeguarding@grafham-grange.co.uk.

The Designated Safeguarding Governor is Jo Yarlett.


If at any time you have any other worries or concerns about your child please contact us immediately by telephone, as this is the best way to sort out problems.  We do understand that when you are a long way from your child it is quite normal to be worried about him.  

There is always a senior member of the school staff available to answer your questions and sort out your problems.  If we are unable to do so immediately we will phone you back with the answer as soon as possible.

If you are unhappy with the answer or information you get then please contact the Headteacher who will investigate your complaint and deal in accordance with our Policy (which can be found in the 'Downloads' section of this website).

If you have a complaint that you do not want to be dealt with by the school you can directly contact Surrey Social Services Department on 03456 009009 or Ofsted 08456 404040 who regularly inspect the school. Concerns can also be shared with our Independent Visitor by emailing independentvisitor@grafham-grange.co.uk or contact details can be obtained from school reception.

You may also wish to seek the support of your own Local Authority Special Educational Needs Department, who are responsible for your child’s placement.